Rise of Mutants
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise of Mutants

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Upcoming events.

Go down 
+4
Makoto
Shadow
Laila/Avis/Cat
Matt / Magneto
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

The Poll
Erase everything!
Upcoming events. I_vote_lcap43%Upcoming events. I_vote_rcap
 43% [ 3 ]
I'm alright with it, I guess.
Upcoming events. I_vote_lcap0%Upcoming events. I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Wait, how about...
Upcoming events. I_vote_lcap43%Upcoming events. I_vote_rcap
 43% [ 3 ]
No, no, no, no, NOOOOOO!
Upcoming events. I_vote_lcap14%Upcoming events. I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
Matt / Magneto
Admin/Beta/Master of Formal Beat downs
Matt / Magneto

Male Number of posts : 854
Affliation : Brotherhood
Single or taken (rp wise) : Single
Registration date : 2009-04-23

Upcoming events. Empty
PostSubject: Upcoming events.   Upcoming events. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 4:21 pm

I do have plans here to help get the site out to more people and get an event in the works. I just have an ex coming up with work so I'll be gone for an 11 day period, this is going to take place right after that - the 23rd.

Sorry for not really having much to say, if your at all interested just hold on and please feel free to make some suggestions.

Last edited by Matt / Magneto on Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Laila/Avis/Cat
-
Laila/Avis/Cat

Female Number of posts : 72
Affliation : L-Neutral, A&C-Xmen
Single or taken (rp wise) : ALL-Single
Registration date : 2012-06-11

Upcoming events. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming events.   Upcoming events. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 4:30 pm

Yea! Events! *is happy*

Suggestion: I don't really know how this would work unless we got come more members and some people to RP Prof. X and some other big charries in the X-Men world, but it could be something like what happened in the TV series where they're discovered to be mutants, and the X Institute is attacked. I don't know, it's something that happened on another site I was on for a bit. Just an idea. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Beta/Lupine
Shadow

Female Number of posts : 598
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Upcoming events. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming events.   Upcoming events. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 5:02 pm

Well, good luck Matt! No suggestions, but I'll try talking to Wolfy's mom a bit and get her to let him on. I can ask Makoto to come back, too.
Back to top Go down
Makoto
-
Makoto

Male Number of posts : 418
Single or taken (rp wise) : In a complicated relationship with Akachi
Registration date : 2012-06-02

Upcoming events. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming events.   Upcoming events. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 12:53 pm

Well I'm back so I can try to get other people on here
Back to top Go down
Laila/Avis/Cat
-
Laila/Avis/Cat

Upcoming events. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming events.   Upcoming events. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 3:16 pm

Welcome back Makoto!!
Back to top Go down
Matt / Magneto
Matt / Magneto

Upcoming events. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming events.   Upcoming events. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 10:56 pm

So I suck and no one's been updated about anything. Long story short I've been tossing around a few ideas and I've ended on this one.
I did this last reset with the idea that Kitty would be back to run things and honestly it's not something I'm personally interested in trying to run. If there isn't any major opposition I'd like to completely remake the site. I was planning on making the plot take place years after any canon has died and there is going to be a number of changes.
-Unlike now I plan to have the mutant registry already passed, it's havoc was quickly subsided compared to the peace that exists in the United States - after it's success most of the major superpowers have passed similar laws.
-while there's some debate the Xavier Institute has become a government funded place for all mutants to learn about their powers safely.
Some rumors say that a large portion of the original X-men opposed the laws this leading to a rebel group known as ""(name needed.) they claim to fight for justice for this day. Older members claim to have worked with the famed Wolverine.
The brotherhood became broken soon after the death of Magneto, leading into the creation of 3 smaller gangs that use their abilities to terrorize the streets. (I have a couple ideas for names but this is also open.)
-While the laws have kept the mutant related crimes to an extreme low a new law passed in Japan allowed mutants to join the police force stepping on so much crime that they have began to move into the united states - fighting with the current mutant crime-loads over territory. Since their arrival that have been refereed to as the Yakuza and put little effort into a new name.

Just a general run down on. I'm not personally interested in trying to work with a canon based site, so if this isn't generally accepted with no alternative option then I can say I'm much interested in trying to revive this forum.
Required-
2 mods
Gang leaders/government officials(This round table would be 5 people).
Back to top Go down
Makoto
-
Makoto

Upcoming events. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming events.   Upcoming events. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 11:28 pm

Hmmmmmm I think we could find a way to turn it into that without trying to actually reforge the site. We could Have a mutant purge, someone decides to activate the sentinels again or something. I am not exactly sure people want to restart again so soon.
Back to top Go down
Matt / Magneto
Matt / Magneto

Upcoming events. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming events.   Upcoming events. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 11:59 pm

The main thing I want to do is step away from the canon completely and since that's in mind I'm going to need to rebuild a fair bit of the site anyway so I wanted to turn into something that's based off X-men but not the same ad other sites. X-men focuses on the X-menVBrotherhood as the main plot so It's pretty safe to say people don't spend much time thinking about what would happen if neither side won.
The idea would be to have everyone who signed up be a 12-13 year old that just discovered their powers and was sent to the institute from there people would interact and learn(anyone above this would be NPCs for now) and in time people would age and then after building a past with the other characters people begin to make interesting choices - some might try to stay out of the fight while other join up with different gangs for their own goals and end up fighting old friends. I also plan for there to be a team of mutants that is run by the government so some people could be recruited to that.
Back to top Go down
Laila/Avis/Cat
-
Laila/Avis/Cat

Upcoming events. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming events.   Upcoming events. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 8:37 pm

I really like this idea. I think having no canons is a good idea, since then you have plot holes when someone hasn't been taken or when their not active, etc, etc, and it just poses a lot of problems. I think that this will be good.

I'm just a little confused on this part:

Quote :
-Unlike now I plan to have the mutant registry already passed, it's havoc was quickly subsided compared to the peace that exists in the United States - after it's success most of the major superpowers have passed similar laws.

So, if that could be cleared up I'd be very thankful. Also, since my 3 characters are over 13, would I have to make them NPCs? Or could I just redo them to be younger? Or would they stay the same? Just a little murky there too.

But yeah, I'm totally for this!
Back to top Go down
Matt / Magneto
Matt / Magneto

Upcoming events. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming events.   Upcoming events. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 8:49 pm

As last time I'll keep all the profiles for your use but the plot of the site is going to be different(as you can see) so it might be worth throwing in some edit here and there.

Personal characters will start at 12-13 so anyone who is older will need to adjust to fit this. If you wish to donate your character as an NPC I could likely use them in some way but it's by no means required - it's a fresh start so the age you listed when you applied isn't set in stone.

As for the mutant registry, the site is going to take place in the world of X-men but it's assuming that all canons have already come and gone - people now live in a world that the registry is generally accepted and by "major superpowers" I was referring to the world superpowers like the G8
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Beta/Lupine
Shadow

Upcoming events. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming events.   Upcoming events. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 8:09 pm

Actually, tons of characters in the actual comics and movies and cartoons and such discovered their powers earlier or later. Like, Rogue found hers around the age of 15 or so if I'm correct, and I think one of the others (I forget who) found out about theirs at around 9 or something, so I think the age of 12 or 13 would be a little too limiting. So, maybe set it a little different. Maybe around the onset of puberty or (since this happened in a few cases) when they most needed it. Sorry if you don't like this idea... Just trying to help...
Back to top Go down
Makoto
-
Makoto

Upcoming events. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming events.   Upcoming events. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 8:48 pm

I'm not really a fan of the age thing. You can't really have a balanced RP with everyone the same age. Just look at the normal Xmen, the Xavier institute is filled with all different ages. It just wouldn't make much sense.
Back to top Go down
Matt / Magneto
Matt / Magneto

Upcoming events. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming events.   Upcoming events. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 11:52 am

The age idea was to create a common ground, so everyone had the chance to start at the same level, but if people are opposed to it then I could edit that.

I also didn't plan for everyone on the site to be the same age, I was going to set up some sort of aging programs character would become older to grow into roles. The idea was to allow the first set of older characters to be NPC's
Back to top Go down
Matt / Magneto
Matt / Magneto

Upcoming events. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming events.   Upcoming events. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 2:32 pm

Anything else to add, edit or object?
(Double post because I want to get a poll for this up tomorrow and if it's passed start making edits on Friday.)
Back to top Go down
Laila/Avis/Cat
-
Laila/Avis/Cat

Upcoming events. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming events.   Upcoming events. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 3:11 pm

Not from me. I'll just edit my charries to be younger. :) But yeah, I say let's do this!
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Beta/Lupine
Shadow

Upcoming events. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming events.   Upcoming events. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 3:33 pm

Nothing here. I'm just gonna edit my characters up. We keeping the stats?
Back to top Go down
Makoto
-
Makoto

Upcoming events. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming events.   Upcoming events. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 5:37 pm

I still have to object to the age thing. the new world and everything is perfectly fine by me but having everyone automatically start at the same age both limits your options and plus if some people want to age and others don't there is a giant continuity hole there.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Beta/Lupine
Shadow

Upcoming events. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming events.   Upcoming events. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 5:54 pm

Makoto, love, I think he gets it.
Back to top Go down
Makoto
-
Makoto

Upcoming events. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming events.   Upcoming events. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 11:39 pm

I hope I don't come off as whiny or stuff but I also think that getting rid of canons could be a bad idea. I see what your doing with it but there is a huge amount of people who use canons. And lots of new RPers start out with canons, I know I did. Do getting rid of them would alienate a large portion of RPers that would have otherwise become active members. I'm sorry if I appear bitchy but I just want to take every side into consideration before making a big change like this.
Back to top Go down
Matt / Magneto
Matt / Magneto

Upcoming events. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming events.   Upcoming events. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 1:24 am

I do get the age thing, I plan on working on that to make it more diverse and appeal to everyone. The stat system might be tweaked but it's staying - the site is still going to have a lot of combat so a system to regulate that seems like it's going to be needed.

My personal experience with canons in general is bad - I'll admit that this is what sparked the idea, I won't lie when saying I was never a fan of canons at all. Too often do people take canons and run them into the ground, people misplay the crap out of them and everyone seems to have a different line on whats good and whats bad. Not to pick at you but I find new role players are the worst when it comes to doing this. I understand that I may alienate people that are dead set on playing a canon but I understand I also alienate some people by forcing a paragraph a post or if someone is really elitist I might alienate them by allowing customs. It seems safe to say any choice made could effect some people. I understand that and if someone is going to get up in a hissy fit because they need to create a character instead of take a canon I'm willing to deal with that.
X-men thrives off the idea of alternative universes so anyone wanting to play an X-men based role play should be open to the idea.
Back to top Go down
Makoto
-
Makoto

Upcoming events. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming events.   Upcoming events. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 8:31 am

I see your point there Matt. I just don't think ER should dive straight into remaking the site. If we don't plan it out first it will fall apart. That's what happened to a lot of good sites I was on. We should take this slowly and talk it through with your members. It's always good to have a second opinion on something.
Back to top Go down
Matt / Magneto
Matt / Magneto

Upcoming events. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming events.   Upcoming events. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 6:13 am

Understandable, I wasn't exactly doing nothing this whole time, I have a plan on how to make this work with relation to the current site. The plan isn't to add the new site on top of the old by renaming everything and moving topics, my plan is to keep this up(for at least month I'd say) and build the new site next to in in a new categories that would be visible to the normal members until it's finished and I'm ready to move it in.

As for talking it out, that was the plan with this topic, just because I'd like to be started doesn't mean I'm going to if this doesn't get much response from people here.
Back to top Go down
Jake Arin
Admin/Alpha/The X-men's Soilder 'A'
Jake Arin

Female Number of posts : 1535
Affliation : X-men
Single or taken (rp wise) : single and always will be.
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Upcoming events. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming events.   Upcoming events. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 9:46 am

Well, it looks like I picked a decent time to check back in...
I like this new idea.
I know from another site that being a while after the cannon is a very good idea. It frees up a lot of plot points and character options, and if it's far enough after we really don't need to worry about writing over future cannon. I have to disagree with the 'cannons are better for roleplay' idea, because they're really just ruined by the player in my opinion, no matter how well done- it's going to be messed up because they aren't the character. Even between sites my own character changes with each incarnation. Original characters offers much more freedom for everyone, and I got started making my own character and fleshing him out until it worked.

Though I will say I don't like the age idea much either... admittedly, it may be partially that I've gotten used to being an experienced character both here and on other sites and don't want to start over.... (especially since Jake actually did work up to senior in rp)
I think maybe a couple "seniors" should be there, just to provide some sort of base for the other characters. On the other site we have this option to either be new or experienced, and most people go with a rookie anyway while we still have some characters to show them the ropes. After all, the Institute's been around for a while, right? Then, we have the teachers and overseers as NPCs, and the older characters just that, a more experienced student.

Dang that was long.
Back to top Go down
http://www.citiesofdarkness.forumotion.net
Matt / Magneto
Matt / Magneto

Upcoming events. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming events.   Upcoming events. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 3:17 pm

I'm still looking for more votes and I'm getting the clear vibe that the limit of age wouldn't be effective. I'll go ahead and say that idea is scraped and the age group is going to be opened. Please add your vote even if you stated your opinion before and feel free to add anything.

I'm not expecting to be able to start moving this by tomorrow so it's going to be delayed for a another couple days to ensure people get the chance to look at this.
Back to top Go down
Sean/Victor Creed
Alpha

Number of posts : 310
Affliation : Acolytes
Location : Acolyte Headquarters but tends to stay at the Brotherhood Mansion and wonder in the city.
Registration date : 2010-07-25

Upcoming events. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming events.   Upcoming events. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 2:25 pm

Magneto died? My character won't take this well. Hope he can unify the gangs to resume Magneto's cause
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Upcoming events. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming events.   Upcoming events. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Upcoming events.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rise of Mutants :: Getting Started :: Event News-
Jump to: