Rise of Mutants
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise of Mutants

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Long Way From Home

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ShoRena
Alpha
ShoRena

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2011-01-11

A Long Way From Home Empty
PostSubject: A Long Way From Home   A Long Way From Home I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 6:38 pm

Ashe stood outside the mansion, looking up at its towering visage with an almost eager air. it was sort of like having a burden relieved from her shoulders, he weight of a thousand emotions suddenly lifted. the wind teased her hair, its brunette tendrils waving gracefully. "Well, time to go introduce myself to my new home.. i just hope its actually like a home this time instead of a prison" she said as she walked towards the front doors, her practically empty satchel bouncing on her hip.

As she reached the front doors, their towering frames dwarfing her, Ashe got cold feet and ran down the steps, sitting under a tree nearby to catch her breathe. what if they didn't like her? What if her powers were well, mocked on? she knew this was a place for other mutants, but then again, each Mutant belonged somewhere, and she wondered where she would with her powers over sound. but she sighed. there was no use feeling weak if she couldn't make herself get up and face her fears. but no matter how she tried, she waited. maybe there was someone to talk to before she really walked in all on her own.
Back to top Go down
Alexis
Beta/Neyaphem
Alexis

Male Number of posts : 230
Affliation : The Brotherhood of Mutants
Single or taken (rp wise) : Single
Registration date : 2010-04-30

PostSubject: Re: A Long Way From Home   A Long Way From Home I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 6:57 pm

Alexis walked down the street slowly, the fur that covered her body slowly rippling beneath her holographically induced image. Her mind was swirling with thoughts, things people had said. Who's side was she on? Was she fighting for good or evil? Should she fight for good or evil? She wasn't sure, she had been lied to and now she wasn't sure what was a lie and what was the truth. Deciding that she had to settle for one issue at a time, she decided to check out which side was evil.

Arriving at the X-Mansion, prepared to finally discover if she was on the good or evil side she walked up to its gate. A little nervous she phased through the gate and into the courtyard, as she walked to the entrance she looked around, hoping to find some reason to back down, and seeing a girl under a tree nearby, she walked over, hoping that she might be able to give her some insight. "'Allo." She said to the girl in her heavy french accent. She sat next to the girl, leaning on the tree, waiting for her response.
Back to top Go down
ShoRena
Alpha
ShoRena

PostSubject: Re: A Long Way From Home   A Long Way From Home I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 7:04 pm

Ashe nearly jumped, caught off guard by this chick suddenly appearing beside her. "H-hello. um. are you a student here as well?" she asked, not sure of what to say. She hoped that this girl was someone who she could be friends with and help her understand the ropes of the school. but after she looked harder, she suddenly got the feeling that this girl was NOT from the school, someone like her. Ashe decided to make friends, thinking it was the best thing to do. " My name is Ashe. pleasure to meet you."
Back to top Go down
Alexis
Beta/Neyaphem
Alexis

PostSubject: Re: A Long Way From Home   A Long Way From Home I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 7:12 pm

Alexis smiled at the girls reaction. "Alexis." She said holding out her fuzzy hand. "So Ashe. You a mutant?" She asked the girl, who was obviously nervous just as Alexis herself had been before arriving. It only occurred to Alexis that if she wasn't a mutant if would end badly, after she had said something.
Back to top Go down
ShoRena
Alpha
ShoRena

PostSubject: Re: A Long Way From Home   A Long Way From Home I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 7:17 pm

Ashe nodded, smiling and taking the outstretched hand."yes i am. you?" she said, looking at her new friend. Alexis didn't seem like the type that would suddenly turn on her in the blink of an eye. "i can manipulate soundwaves!" Ashe was pleased to have someone to talk to about her gift.
Back to top Go down
Alexis
Beta/Neyaphem
Alexis

PostSubject: Re: A Long Way From Home   A Long Way From Home I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 7:25 pm

Alexis smiled at the girls newfound enthusiasm. Flicking off her holowatch and revealing her blue fur she shook the girls hand. "I might be a mutant." She said, hoping the girl didn't intereperet differently from how she did. Alexis wasn't really sure what her power meant, her english wasn't the greatest in the world. "Could you show me?" She asked, hoping her new friend didn't think that she had done something mean by saying so.
Back to top Go down
ShoRena
Alpha
ShoRena

PostSubject: Re: A Long Way From Home   A Long Way From Home I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 7:30 pm

"S-show you as in, use my powers? i guess so. i mean, i don't know what to use it on tho." she looked around, trying to focus on something that would be a great target practice. she let the girl drag her into a clearing, a ring of trees surrounding them. Ashe removed her hand and place her headphones upon her ears, letting the sound of her music take over. letter her mind relax, she felt the air charge as if someone stuck a spoon and stirred things up. she opened her mouth, forcing the energy out of her body. for a moment there was utter silence, then there was a resounding crescendo, not really a screech, but neither a scream. the trees on all sides were pushed back, but only a little. she was trying not to cause damage to her new home that would give her a bad rep.
Back to top Go down
Alexis
Beta/Neyaphem
Alexis

PostSubject: Re: A Long Way From Home   A Long Way From Home I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 7:38 pm

Alexis stood next to the girl awkwardly. Waiting for her something to happen, the air around her started to flicker slightly, her fur rustling as she experienced the force of sound that surrounded her. Her ears ringing slightly she looked to the girl. "Cool." She said, a grin on her face, her powers were nowhere near as prominent. They were all rather passive, and in a fight they were next to useless. "My powers can't do nearly as much." She said, starting to wonder if she was only thinking about this girls powers from an offensive point of view. La Fraternité est d'avoir plus d'effet sur moi que je ne pensais. Mentally shaking her head she tried to clear that mind-set from her mind.
Back to top Go down
ShoRena
Alpha
ShoRena

PostSubject: Re: A Long Way From Home   A Long Way From Home I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 7:45 pm

Ashe gave the girl a funny look, the blush from the compliment lingering. "hm? i'm sorry i didn't understand the comment. i'm sure your powers are awesome! i mean, what mutant doesn't right?" Ashe waited eagerly, watching her furry friend and wishing she was something more than just a plain "human" mutant. but she had to deal with what was given to her, and in a sense, she considered herself blessed to have made friends on the first day there!
Back to top Go down
Alexis
Beta/Neyaphem
Alexis

PostSubject: Re: A Long Way From Home   A Long Way From Home I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 7:50 pm

Alexis shook her head. "My powers are passive." She said, not really sure why that disheartened her. She said not really wanting to demonstrate. More so, she had some theories about her powers when used on humans, and didn't really want to test them out, so she simply waited for the girl to ask her to demonstrate or tell her more, completely forgetting why she originally came here.
Back to top Go down
ShoRena
Alpha
ShoRena

PostSubject: Re: A Long Way From Home   A Long Way From Home I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 7:55 pm

Ashe was intrigued. " could you enlighten me? i mean, passive talents are still good for defensive tactics in battle, especially if it means your life." she said, hoping to make the girl cheer up. "there isn't anything to be ashamed about"
Back to top Go down
Alexis
Beta/Neyaphem
Alexis

PostSubject: Re: A Long Way From Home   A Long Way From Home I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 8:01 pm

Alexis shook her head. "I'm not ashamed." She said, "Your powers just seem more useful." She continued, walking over to a nearby tree. "I go through things." She stated, phasing her hand through its trunk, she had several other small powers, but they didn't seem important enough to show her.
Back to top Go down
ShoRena
Alpha
ShoRena

PostSubject: Re: A Long Way From Home   A Long Way From Home I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 8:08 pm

Ashe smiled, not in a cruel way. "mine vary, but i like to use mine for self defense. Yours are pretty cool. would save the trouble if trapped in a confined space. She thought of things that would be useful for sound other than to repel things, or to cause pain as far as hearing was concerned. but nothing was really too damaging. and when it came to powers, it wasn't about force, but tactics. how you used your powers governed how strong you were in battle. Ashe may have looked strong, but could be weak because of bad strategy.
Back to top Go down
Alexis
Beta/Neyaphem
Alexis

PostSubject: Re: A Long Way From Home   A Long Way From Home I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 8:14 pm

Alexis shrugged. "I guess." She said, not really sure why she was so concerned in the first place. "So...." She started. "You an X-Men?" She asked, remembering the purpose she had originally intended upon coming, she didn't plan on hurting people, just finding out the truth.
Back to top Go down
ShoRena
Alpha
ShoRena

PostSubject: Re: A Long Way From Home   A Long Way From Home I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 8:25 pm

Ashe shook her head. "i don't really know. i mean, i came here thinking i would be accepted, but i don't know. i've been too scared to try and enter and see if i was able to. i mean, i guess i consider myself neutral. the whole fighting against each other to see who is better seems biggotrous to me. so i decided to be neutral and stay away from things that would get me into trouble. you know? she said, combing her fingers through her hair.
Back to top Go down
Alexis
Beta/Neyaphem
Alexis

PostSubject: Re: A Long Way From Home   A Long Way From Home I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 8:32 pm

Alexis understood the majority of what Ashe had said, though the word 'biggotrous' was lost on her. "I don't like to fight either." She said. "But I want to do what's right." She stated, that being the enntire reason she had come here in the first place.
Back to top Go down
ShoRena
Alpha
ShoRena

PostSubject: Re: A Long Way From Home   A Long Way From Home I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 8:36 pm

Ashe took a moment to think. " i guess we are both searching for that. so why not search together? i mean, if we both don't have a clue, then its better to look with two pairs of eyes than with one pair that cannot see right. besides, maybe we can find others like us here that can help out and stuff." Ashe was really liking the idea of finding others to help them in their search to figure out what is the reality of their world.
Back to top Go down
Alexis
Beta/Neyaphem
Alexis

PostSubject: Re: A Long Way From Home   A Long Way From Home I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 8:41 pm

Alexis really liked the idea. Why pick one of the two sides if you don't know which one is right. "But I am technically a Brotherhood member." She said, wondering if she could quit that to help Ashe and herself find out the right thing to do.
Back to top Go down
ShoRena
Alpha
ShoRena

PostSubject: Re: A Long Way From Home   A Long Way From Home I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 8:49 pm

Ashe cocked her head to the side "the brother hood? i have no idea what that is, but okay then. that really doesn't change the fact that you are a friend of mine. " she said, fidgeting with her cap and skirt, trying to adjust them. "i mean, if you were to harm me, you would have done it already, so i think its safe to say that its how you choose to act, not what colors you wear" she smiled.
Back to top Go down
Alexis
Beta/Neyaphem
Alexis

PostSubject: Re: A Long Way From Home   A Long Way From Home I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 8:57 pm

Alexis smiled. "I meant that I would have to quit or something." She said, she didn't harm anyone, so she was wondering why Ashe was so cautious. Comment pouvons-nous savoir ce qui est juste? She wondered to herself, thinking about how they wuold know what was right.
Back to top Go down
ShoRena
Alpha
ShoRena

PostSubject: Re: A Long Way From Home   A Long Way From Home I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 9:05 pm

Ashe wondered what they would start with to really look for the truth. " i guess you quitting your faction would be okay, if they let you. i mean, if we play neutral party, we should escape without getting our butts kicked. Besides, i think harming none would be a good start, and learning to use our powers to protect for the right reasons. we just have to figure out what those reasons are"
Back to top Go down
Alexis
Beta/Neyaphem
Alexis

PostSubject: Re: A Long Way From Home   A Long Way From Home I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 9:12 pm

Alexis thought about what Ashe had said. "Humans don't know about us yet..." She thought out loud, thinking about what those reason may be. She had no idea what those reasons may be, beside the usual, save the righteous and ignore the wicked, but how does one know which is which. Having no idea what to do she waited for Ashe to say something.
Back to top Go down
ShoRena
Alpha
ShoRena

PostSubject: Re: A Long Way From Home   A Long Way From Home I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 9:19 pm

Ashe nodded. "its a shame that they don't but then again its dangerous for them to know too much. i mean, i guess, we should do what we can, without drawing attention to ourselves. like trying to act human. but then again, we can handle it. we were "human" once before right?" she said, sitting down on the grass. "so are you going to join here then?" she was genuinely curious
Back to top Go down
Alexis
Beta/Neyaphem
Alexis

PostSubject: Re: A Long Way From Home   A Long Way From Home I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 9:26 pm

Alexis decided to ignore the 'human' once remark, after all, she had always been blue and fuzzy, the powers didn't come around till later. "I don't know if I should join anyone. I mean, what if they're wrong as well?" She asked, not really sure who was right or wrong.
Back to top Go down
ShoRena
Alpha
ShoRena

PostSubject: Re: A Long Way From Home   A Long Way From Home I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 9:30 pm

Ashe nodded. "you have a point there. i guess i really have no clue either. but i am sure we will come up with something soon". she was glad that she had met Alexis. it was nice to meet someone with her views. now how to get those views out into the physical world was the hard part.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Long Way From Home   A Long Way From Home I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Long Way From Home
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next