Rise of Mutants
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise of Mutants

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hanging out in the mall. (Jake/open.)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Matt / Magneto
Admin/Beta/Master of Formal Beat downs
Matt / Magneto

Male Number of posts : 854
Affliation : Brotherhood
Single or taken (rp wise) : Single
Registration date : 2009-04-23

Hanging out in the mall. (Jake/open.) Empty
PostSubject: Hanging out in the mall. (Jake/open.)   Hanging out in the mall. (Jake/open.) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 7:16 pm

Matt walked into the mall, eyeing the food court for both something that would be both a small snack and something for his hand. He decided a bottle of Coke would be good right now so he made his to a generic food stand with a short line to buy his drink.
"Did you want something?"
He turned around to look at Jake, who he assumed would have followed him.
Back to top Go down
Jake Arin
Admin/Alpha/The X-men's Soilder 'A'
Jake Arin

Female Number of posts : 1535
Affliation : X-men
Single or taken (rp wise) : single and always will be.
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Hanging out in the mall. (Jake/open.)   Hanging out in the mall. (Jake/open.) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 12:05 pm

"Just a Coke or something." Jake replied. He needed some caffeine. He stiffled a yawn and stuck his hands in his pocket, trying to remember which one he put his wallet in.
Back to top Go down
http://www.citiesofdarkness.forumotion.net
Matt / Magneto
Matt / Magneto

PostSubject: Re: Hanging out in the mall. (Jake/open.)   Hanging out in the mall. (Jake/open.) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 12:05 pm

"Two Cokes."
Matt had already paid the guy working and took the drinks, he passed one of the drinks to Jake and took a seat.
"I'm going to say you we're in a mood to forget your wallet, I wouldn't worry about a Coke."
Back to top Go down
Jake Arin
Jake Arin

PostSubject: Re: Hanging out in the mall. (Jake/open.)   Hanging out in the mall. (Jake/open.) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 11:13 am

Jake smiled a bit. "Thanks." He took a seat beside him. He took a sip of Coke. "So how's life at your end?" Jake asked.
Back to top Go down
Matt / Magneto
Matt / Magneto

PostSubject: Re: Hanging out in the mall. (Jake/open.)   Hanging out in the mall. (Jake/open.) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 6:52 pm

"Can't complain, things have been going well here."
Matt had a feeling that the conversation would become rather problematic in time just hanging out with someone who commonly refer to each other as enemies, he wanted to skip any kind of side stepping the topic and just get it out of the way at the beginning.
"I think it best we get an idea of where we stand, we can shoot the shit all we want here but in time we're going to need to take a serous stand against each other again so we need to have a clear idea of what we think about each other."
He took a drink before placing the bottle over his burnt hand.
"I think we're not too different, I would fight for what you believe in but I just can't see it as anything more then a childish dream, I would be willing to support your side if it gained the momentum. I think you understand that, you're dangerous too so you have to have your doubts about ever being accepted."
Back to top Go down
Jake Arin
Jake Arin

PostSubject: Re: Hanging out in the mall. (Jake/open.)   Hanging out in the mall. (Jake/open.) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 5:26 pm

Jake nearly choked on his drink at the sudden shift. He scratched the back of his head as he listened to what Matt said.
"Geeze, I'm too tired to have this conversation...." He mumbled, mostly to himself. Though Matt was right about needing to set a line before the pressure was on. He thought for a moment. "I agree, we seem to have a lot in common, and you're a guy I really respect." He started, gathering his thoughts and accessing what Matt said.
"Yes. I know that it's highly unlikely we'll ever be accepted. Not in this lifetime at least. But... I'll fight for what I believe in. If I wait until it's a more likely option, it will never happen. Someone has to help get it started, and if it's the right thing- it won't stop." Jake paused, checking to see if he said everything that he wanted to. He nodded, indicating that that was all.
Back to top Go down
Matt / Magneto
Matt / Magneto

PostSubject: Re: Hanging out in the mall. (Jake/open.)   Hanging out in the mall. (Jake/open.) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 9:53 am

"I got that but I guess I should have been more blunt, at the end of this war things will be changed and the losing side may very well see themselves cornered."
Matt thought to himself how he could explain this, he took a drink to make the pause seem more natural.
"I have complete respect for Magneto as you do for your Xavier, but if there is anything I've learned it's to prepare for the chance of loss. We're not like Pietro or Scott, we're not dead set on anything, we've made our decision based on what he feel will protect ourselves and others and if the factors change too much we're likely to change our minds as well."
Back to top Go down
Jake Arin
Jake Arin

PostSubject: Re: Hanging out in the mall. (Jake/open.)   Hanging out in the mall. (Jake/open.) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 11:01 am

Jake thought for a moment. He thought he was begging to understand where Matt was going with this. He sipped his coke, buying himself more time to answer. He didn't really know how to reply to Matt.
"If you're asking about an allegiance thing, then yes; I would side with whoever was in the right." Jake rubbed the back of his neck again, trying to sort his own thoughts. He sipped his drink again, wishing the caffeine would kick in sometime. "I'm sorry, I'm still a bit tired from earlier." He said with a sheepish smile.
Back to top Go down
Matt / Magneto
Matt / Magneto

PostSubject: Re: Hanging out in the mall. (Jake/open.)   Hanging out in the mall. (Jake/open.) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 9:37 am

"Sorta what I mean, but the ideal world is not why we picked our side, it was the means. I've decided a fight will not be avoided so it's my choice to fight for the safety of myself and people like me. You on the other hand still believe that we can save everyone."
Matt took another drink and checked his hand, it was going to be fine he just needed something to stop it from swelling and the drink was working.
"If something we're to happen, the means change, I'm not opposed to fighting for your cause."
Back to top Go down
Jake Arin
Jake Arin

PostSubject: Re: Hanging out in the mall. (Jake/open.)   Hanging out in the mall. (Jake/open.) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 10:46 am

Jake sipped his drink, considering Matt's words. Though it probably would be appropriate to say he would be willing to switch sides if something happened too, but he wasn't sure of that.
He took a long drink, trying to find his own words.
"And I'd be willing to work with you guys..." Jake started. "Though I don't think I'd ever stop trying to save everyone."
Back to top Go down
Matt / Magneto
Matt / Magneto

PostSubject: Re: Hanging out in the mall. (Jake/open.)   Hanging out in the mall. (Jake/open.) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 11:00 am

"I hope we never need you to give up your hope, but I had thought if the days become dark you would be willing to stand with mutants if need be."
Matt looked up, he had his words about him, he just wanted to give him a chance to think about how bad he was referring to.
"I've thought that we would share this trait, but you seem more willing to stand fast on an ideal then I've expected. It's not an issue but if you just ever needed a way out I'd have been willing to vouch for you."
Back to top Go down
Jake Arin
Jake Arin

PostSubject: Re: Hanging out in the mall. (Jake/open.)   Hanging out in the mall. (Jake/open.) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 11:31 am

Jake shifted uncomfortably. He didn't like how Matt made it sound like he was against mutants.
"Well, I'm grateful for the offer- but it wouldn't feel right." Jake said. "I mean, I know I'll never be able to save everyone I set out to, but I'll save a lot more trying."
Back to top Go down
Matt / Magneto
Matt / Magneto

PostSubject: Re: Hanging out in the mall. (Jake/open.)   Hanging out in the mall. (Jake/open.) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 12:39 pm

"I'm not talking about now and I'm not even talking about a future either of us expect, it's just on the slight off chance that Magneto and Xavier both fail, if we're not accepted and the humans fight back well enough to. . . ."
Matt took a drink as he caught himself before he made things more grim then he really wanted.
"You know, it could happen."
Back to top Go down
Jake Arin
Jake Arin

PostSubject: Re: Hanging out in the mall. (Jake/open.)   Hanging out in the mall. (Jake/open.) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 7:36 pm

Jake gave a solemn nod. He went to take another sip to fill the quiet, then discovered it was empty.
"Then there wouldn't really be any side, would there? I mean, we'd have to be saving our own hides, never mind allegiances."
Back to top Go down
Matt / Magneto
Matt / Magneto

PostSubject: Re: Hanging out in the mall. (Jake/open.)   Hanging out in the mall. (Jake/open.) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 3:33 pm

(I'd swear I posted this.)

"Yea, but it's a matter of understanding when that time comes. I believe people tend to blind themselves of truth with an ideal and if the time comes how many will fail to look past it and work together."
Matt finished off his drink before he smiled and continued.
"I really hope it doesn't get to that, to the arcade?"
Back to top Go down
Jake Arin
Jake Arin

PostSubject: Re: Hanging out in the mall. (Jake/open.)   Hanging out in the mall. (Jake/open.) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 4:37 pm

Jake grinned. "Yah, I could go for some mindless video games." He would definitely think about what Matt had said, but later. He yawned again. Video games might actually wake him up some, at least make him forget how tired he was.
Back to top Go down
Matt / Magneto
Matt / Magneto

PostSubject: Re: Hanging out in the mall. (Jake/open.)   Hanging out in the mall. (Jake/open.) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 5:34 pm

"Cool."
Matt stood up and walked towards the garbage to toss the bottle out. He thought about what game he was going to play today, he already had nearly every high score.
Back to top Go down
Jake Arin
Jake Arin

PostSubject: Re: Hanging out in the mall. (Jake/open.)   Hanging out in the mall. (Jake/open.) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 8:21 pm

Jake tossed his own bottle and walked alongside Matt.
After walking in silence for a bit, Jake tried starting up casual conversation again.
"So, what's your best game?"
Back to top Go down
Matt / Magneto
Matt / Magneto

PostSubject: Re: Hanging out in the mall. (Jake/open.)   Hanging out in the mall. (Jake/open.) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 12:39 pm

"All of them."
Matt answered, he wasn't about to brag but he was always a good gamer, this became more true since his powers kicked in. He took out his PSP and turned it on.
"See I don't just make things blow up it's all about energy, including my body, I'm as agile as someone who's been in say, gymnastics their whole life."
Matt smiled as people passing by looked at him to quickly dismiss the conversation as reference to a game.
Back to top Go down
Jake Arin
Jake Arin

PostSubject: Re: Hanging out in the mall. (Jake/open.)   Hanging out in the mall. (Jake/open.) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 6:36 pm

"That's cool." Jake said honestly. "You could probably win big if you entered one of those gaming contests." He pointed out, shoving his hands in his pockets as people passed. He glanced at the PSP screen to see what Matt was playing.
Back to top Go down
Matt / Magneto
Matt / Magneto

PostSubject: Re: Hanging out in the mall. (Jake/open.)   Hanging out in the mall. (Jake/open.) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 11:15 am

(Since you looked at his PSP he's playing a game called Ys Seven. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGFrVdoq3WY I've got no reason to go anywhere with that, I'm just not sure if that interests Jake or not.)

"Why would I travel when I'm already a player in the ultimate game."
Matt smiled, even with what was at stake he managed to think of every fight as a game, every move made as a part of a grand game, otherwise this wouldn't have kept his interest as long.
"At least that how I see it, but you should know by now that I take my games very seriously."
Back to top Go down
Jake Arin
Jake Arin

PostSubject: Re: Hanging out in the mall. (Jake/open.)   Hanging out in the mall. (Jake/open.) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 12:36 pm

"Guess you got a point there." Jake said with a grin. He didn't normally think of fighting as a game, but he liked playing with his powers and his mechanical arm. For things like that, you have to look at them in a different light or else you'd end up a very depressed, angry and/or stressed-out person. "Might as well try and have a bit of fun with whatever life throws at you."
Back to top Go down
Matt / Magneto
Matt / Magneto

PostSubject: Re: Hanging out in the mall. (Jake/open.)   Hanging out in the mall. (Jake/open.) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 12:43 pm

"I enjoy every minute of this, not everyone will be given this chance, we are to shape everything."
Matt showed Jake a sense of pride he normally kept to himself, but he felt is necessary to open up a bit if he intended to keep Jake an an ally.
"What game would you like to play, Time Crisis? It's a game where we'd work as a team, so it's wouldn't be unfair."
Back to top Go down
Jake Arin
Jake Arin

PostSubject: Re: Hanging out in the mall. (Jake/open.)   Hanging out in the mall. (Jake/open.) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 1:01 pm

"Sounds good." Jake said with a nod. Now that was a game he hadn't played in a while. "Then I shouldn't get owned too badly," he joked. He never stood much of a chance against Matt in real life, and it didn't look like he'd fare any better with video games.
Back to top Go down
Matt / Magneto
Matt / Magneto

PostSubject: Re: Hanging out in the mall. (Jake/open.)   Hanging out in the mall. (Jake/open.) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 3:12 pm

"You seem pretty damn fast, I was under the impression that it had something to do with your powers too." Matt said, the tone made it sound like more of a question, as the neared the arcade, he thought something related to turning into a tiger would give him increased agility to, maybe he was wrong.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hanging out in the mall. (Jake/open.)   Hanging out in the mall. (Jake/open.) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hanging out in the mall. (Jake/open.)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next