Rise of Mutants
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise of Mutants

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Training with Avis!

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Night
-
Night

Male Number of posts : 26
Affliation : X-men
Single or taken (rp wise) : Single
Registration date : 2012-06-13

Training with Avis!  Empty
PostSubject: Training with Avis!    Training with Avis!  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 12:56 pm

Night looked around the forest happily "Wow this place s perfect!" Night exclaimed. "So no ones going to care if we train here?" Night asked i'd hate to get expelled one my first day!" he joked.
Back to top Go down
Laila/Avis/Cat
-
Laila/Avis/Cat

Female Number of posts : 72
Affliation : L-Neutral, A&C-Xmen
Single or taken (rp wise) : ALL-Single
Registration date : 2012-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Training with Avis!    Training with Avis!  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 12:27 pm

Avis watched as Night looked around. "Wow this place s perfect!" He said. "Yeah...a lot of kids come here to practice. Luckily, today most are either inside or out in the city, so we shouldn't be bothered." Avis said. "So no ones going to care if we train here?" Night asked. "Definitely not. Like I said, this is a regular training spot during the school year." Avis assured him.

"i'd hate to get expelled one my first day!"
Night joked. Avis laughed. "Don't worry; I've never seen anyone get expelled here. Besides, if you burn down the forest, there's bound to be some kid with growing powers that will have it back by tomorrow, so no worries." Avis said. She turned to face Night.

"Let's get started." She said, a smile on her face.
Back to top Go down
Night
-
Night

PostSubject: Re: Training with Avis!    Training with Avis!  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 2:45 pm

"Don't worry; I've never seen anyone get expelled here. Besides, if you burn down the forest, there's bound to be some kid with growing powers that will have it back by tomorrow, so no worries." Night heard Abuse say.

"Well that's reassuring" Night said.

Well I can finally see what my powers can do now... Night thought as he walked aways and turned to face Avid. This would be fun.

"Well ladies first!" Night said smirkimg jokingly.
Back to top Go down
Laila/Avis/Cat
-
Laila/Avis/Cat

PostSubject: Re: Training with Avis!    Training with Avis!  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 4:00 pm

"Well that's reassuring" Night said. Avis smiled. Night walked a bit away and turned to face her. He seemed to be excited, anticipating a fun time.

"Well ladies first!" Night said, smirking but joking. Avis smiled back, and stepped back to clear the way. Smirking a bit, she spread her arms out, trying to make it as dramatic as possible.

"Ready, set..." Avis started, and searched her memory for an impressive bird. The first bird to come to mind was a full grown golden eagle. She smiled. "Go!" She said, and her eyes flashed with excitement. She slowed the change down so that it would be impressive to watch. First she began to shrink, and her nose elongated to start the form of a beak. Her shoes began to morph into bird claws, feathers started to sprout from her skin, and her arms began to grow into wings. After a few moments, a great golden eagle stood in her place.
Back to top Go down
Night
-
Night

PostSubject: Re: Training with Avis!    Training with Avis!  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 5:25 pm

"Night watched on awe as Avid slowly transformed herself into a golden eagle. It was probably one of the coolest things Night had ever seen.

"That is so cool!" Night said happily.

"Well let's get this started!" Night said as he redied himself. Nigh concentrated all his willpower into his hands and watch in satisfaction as a ball of fire formed in each hand.

Last edited by Night on Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Laila/Avis/Cat
-
Laila/Avis/Cat

PostSubject: Re: Training with Avis!    Training with Avis!  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 4:57 pm

((Hey, so sorry I haven't replied till now---I've been very sick the last couple of days, and I couldn't get on my laptop. I'm feeling better now though!))

"That is so cool!" Night said. Avis couldn't help but feel a little prideful. And...a fluttery feeling in her stomach. No way. Was she falling for this guy?? I can't concentrate on that right now. We're training. She thought, reprimanding herself. She turned her attention back to the conversation at hand.

"Well let's get this started!" said Night, and retained a look of utter concentration. It paid off, and Avis stared with her bird eyes as a ball of fire formed in each hand. If birds could have smiled, this one would have been beaming.

Avis knew one thing she had to work on, and that was dodging, especially when in a larger bird form. She suddenly had an idea, but she had to transform back into a human to converse. It was the negative side of her powers. So far, she had no way of communicating with others while in bird form.

The change was quick, and she stood before Night, human once more.

"I have an idea. I need to work on dodging, and you probably need to work on flame throwing and accuracy. What if you threw balls of fire at me, and I tried to dodge them? That way we'd get both problems worked on at the same time! What do you think?" She asked, looking up at him intently with her completely black eyes.

Back to top Go down
Night
-
Night

PostSubject: Re: Training with Avis!    Training with Avis!  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 9:07 pm

((Oh no problem! I hope you are feeling better!))

"That's a great idea!" Night said, still amazed at Avis's power. "So you can control the speed of your transformation too? Night asked. "Showing off were you Avis?" Night said half smiling, half smirking.

Then Night thought about a crucial detail about their training. "Hey I'm not saying I'm a deadeye shot or anything, but what if I actually hit you? Night asked, obviously concerned.
Back to top Go down
Laila/Avis/Cat
-
Laila/Avis/Cat

PostSubject: Re: Training with Avis!    Training with Avis!  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 8:23 pm

"That's a great idea!" Night said, seemingly still awed by Avis' transformation. "So you can control the speed of your transformation too?" Night asked, and followed with "Showing off were you Avis?" half smiling, half smirking. Avis blushed deeply, looking down at the ground so her blond hair would cover her scarlet red cheeks.

"Yeah...I can't completely control it yet, but I'm getting there," Avis said. "And in my defense, it's not everyday someone, especially a guy, takes interest in my powers..." Avis said, her eyes darting up to see Night.

"Hey I'm not saying I'm a deadeye shot or anything, but what if I actually hit you?"
Night asked, looking very concerned. Avis had thought about that before, but she figured that if she got hit, well, she got hit.

"Well, honestly, it's ok. We'll just go over to the infirmary, and I'll be up and running in an hour at the latest. And besides, it's training, so it should be as real as it possibly can be. Like the Danger Room. I've heard people almost die in there sometimes." Avis said. Truly, she was not deterred by the simple fact that she might be hit by flames. It really didn't frighten her.
Back to top Go down
Night
-
Night

PostSubject: Re: Training with Avis!    Training with Avis!  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 9:11 pm

When Night heard how Avis was still learning to control her powers, he was a little surprised . He thought she controlled her powers expertly. Night was also surprised to hear how not many people took an interest in her powers. "Well I say their crazy if they don't think your powers are amazing!" Night said smiling warmly. Also before, was she blushing?! No I must have been imagining it.. Night thought to himself.

Then Night heard Avis answer his question. "Well, honestly, it's ok. We'll just go over to the infirmary, and I'll be up and running in an hour at the latest. And besides, it's training, so it should be as real as it possibly can be. Like the Danger Room. I've heard people almost die in there sometimes." Avis said not seeming fazed at all.

Night was rather shocked "Well... Ok if you say so! Night said. "You know you really are something Avis!" Night said smiling.

Back to top Go down
Laila/Avis/Cat
-
Laila/Avis/Cat

PostSubject: Re: Training with Avis!    Training with Avis!  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 8:11 pm

"Well I say their crazy if they don't think your powers are amazing!" Night said, smiling. Avis began to blush again...and get that fluttery feeling in her stomach again also. Great. Avis thought. How am I going to concentrate?! She asked herself, though most of her was still fluttery over the fact he basically called her amazing. The only people to ever call her that had been her sister Cat, and their mother Julie.

At her answer to his concern, Night seemed quite shocked. "Well... Ok if you say so!" he said. "You know you really are something Avis!" He added after a minute, smiling again.

Avis nudged him with her elbow, "You aren't too bad yourself," she said, blushing deeply again and looking right into his bright green eyes. Green eyes are very pretty. She thought suddenly, then blushed even harder for thinking that. Goodness, were they ever going to be able to train? She wondered idly, semi wishing that they wouldn't and just sit there and talk. Then again, it could give her more chances to show off a bit...
Back to top Go down
Night
-
Night

PostSubject: Re: Training with Avis!    Training with Avis!  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 4:59 pm

Avis nudged Night with her elbow, "You aren't too bad yourself," Avis replied, blushing deeply again and looking right into his bright green eyes. "Ok now I definitely know I wasn't imagining her blushing! Night thought to himself, secretly happy someone was taking an interest in him. Well she is cute... Night thought, but quickly snapped back to focus. He didn't want to look like an idiot in front of Avis.

"Well ok, shall we begin? Night asked trying to get back to the original track of sparing. "And maybe you can show off some more! Night said clearly teasing Avis. "But hay, I'm going to be showing off too! Night laughed as he lit a ball of fire in both of his hands.

Back to top Go down
Laila/Avis/Cat
-
Laila/Avis/Cat

PostSubject: Re: Training with Avis!    Training with Avis!  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 10:03 pm

"Well ok, shall we begin?" Night asked, trying to get back to the training. Avis smiled.

"Yes, let's." Avis said.

"And maybe you can show off some more!" he added, teasing. This time, instead of blushing, her eyes sparkled and she beamed. "But hay, I'm going to be showing off too!" Night said, a ball of fire bursting into flame in each hand as he laughed. Avis stared at the fire. It was almost, well, almost beautiful the way it danced and flared in the wind. Avis gazed at it, transfixed.

"Now that's what I call fireballs."
Avis said, looking up at Night. "Ready to start?" She asked, her eyes once again lit with the sparkle of excitement.
Back to top Go down
Night
-
Night

PostSubject: Re: Training with Avis!    Training with Avis!  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 8:31 pm

"Let's do this!" Night replied. "Heads up!" Night shouted as he hurled a ball of fire at Avis. He was counting on her transforming quickly. But Night thought for a terrible moment, if she didn't. Just gotta have some faith Night thought to himself.

Night was really excited that he would be getting to train his powers land show off to Avis at the same time. It's win, win! Night thought happily.

Back to top Go down
Laila/Avis/Cat
-
Laila/Avis/Cat

PostSubject: Re: Training with Avis!    Training with Avis!  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 3:32 pm

"Let's do this!" Night said, and then quickly followed up with "Heads up!" as he hurled a ball of fire at Avis.

Reacting instinctively, Avis did what was probably the quickest transformation she'd ever done into a Hummingbird. She dodged the fireball with ease, flying up speedily. She noticed that Night seemed a bit nervous after shooting the fireball, but she knew he would probably relax...hopefully.

In fact, he seemed to be getting excited now. Avis' bird eyes sparkled with excitement as well.
Back to top Go down
Night
-
Night

PostSubject: Re: Training with Avis!    Training with Avis!  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 2:34 pm

Night was glad to see Avis dodge the fireball. It seemed like he could finally let loose. Night formed another fireball in his hand and hurled it to intercept Avis as she flew upwards. Then to keep the pressure on Night hurled another just behind the first. "In comming!" Night shouted as he watched his fireballs close in on Avid.

It's on now! Night thought.
Back to top Go down
Laila/Avis/Cat
-
Laila/Avis/Cat

PostSubject: Re: Training with Avis!    Training with Avis!  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 3:00 pm

Avis saw the Night throw the fireball to intercept her as she shot upwards. She slowed her ascent, and heard Night shout "In comming!" as a second fireball shot at her as well. Both closed up on her speedily, but relying on the Hummingbird's instincts, she managed to dodge both, if not narrowly. She turned to watch as the two fireballs hit the already beginning to burn tree behind her. If birds could smirk, she would have.

She turned back to Night. Time to make things a bit more interesting. Avis thought, and dove towards Night.
Back to top Go down
Night
-
Night

PostSubject: Re: Training with Avis!    Training with Avis!  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 8:10 pm

Night saw Avis dive towards him and quickly sidestepped her a she wizzed by. Night created two more fire balls and hurled one directed at Avis but kept one in his hand. Night and at Avis with the fireball in his hand as a backup plan in case she dodged that other fireball.

She's faster than me, but I have area control Night thought as he saw some tree branches beginning to burn.
Back to top Go down
Laila/Avis/Cat
-
Laila/Avis/Cat

PostSubject: Re: Training with Avis!    Training with Avis!  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 10:19 am

Night was quick, and had sidestepped Avis and two more fireballs in his hand before she had time to pull out of the dive. The first fireball was tossed at her, and she dodged it easily. Night kept the other one in his hand at ready. Avis would have smirked, but she was beginning to notice the burning trees and branches. It seemed that Night knew it too.

Smoke was beginning to ever so slightly rise through the air, creating the sickly sweet smell of wood burning. Deciding that now was the time to transform into a more...pressing, bird, Avis flew straight up through the trees, and right into the sun.

She hovered for a moment, and then turned and dove straight towards the woods again. She began to change again as she free fell towards the trees.

From the smoky tree tops, a sharp-shinned hawk came flying down.
Back to top Go down
Night
-
Night

PostSubject: Re: Training with Avis!    Training with Avis!  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 6:42 pm

"Whoa!" Night exclaimed as he dove out of the way of Avid as she dove down towards him. Night had to start thinking if he was going to beat Avis. Then Night had an idea.

Night closed his eyes and focused on the fires around him as he worked on making them larger. Soon there was as a fair amount of smoke that was making it hard for people to breath. Well not hard for me Night thought smugly.

He was going to smoke her into submission.
Back to top Go down
Laila/Avis/Cat
-
Laila/Avis/Cat

PostSubject: Re: Training with Avis!    Training with Avis!  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 5:38 pm

((Hey, so sorry for the late reply...I just started at a new school and I've been really busy with school work and such...))

"Whoa!"
Night said, and dove out of Avis' way as she shot towards the ground. Using the sharp-shinned hawk's natural agility, Avis pulled out of the dive easily, darting through the branches and trees.

However, soon the air began to become really smoky, and Avis began to gasp for air. She flew down to the ground and perched on a broken log. At least the air's better here. Avis thought. The smoke was blocking her vision, and she couldn't see very well. She transformed back into her human form, lying low on the ground. All this shifting was making her tired, but she pushed through it. And the smoke didn't help any.

Avis looked around, but she couldn't see Night. She decided to try something she'd never tried before. She focused on the falcon, but instead of picturing the bird form, she pictured just her eyes transforming into a falcon's, gaining their immense vision. Her vision began to zoom forward, making her dizzy. She began to notice every single thing, and it became overwhelming in her human form. Her vision funneled, and her form changed back to human. It was too late though, and she fainted dead away.
Back to top Go down
Night
-
Night

PostSubject: Re: Training with Avis!    Training with Avis!  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 9:08 am

((No problem about the late posts I understand :) ))

Night stood in the middle of the smoking forest listening for any sign of movment.But oddly nothing happened. Night neeled behind a tree and peered through the smoke trying to locate Avis.

"Hey Avis are you there?" Night shouted but with no answer.Crap were are you Avid?Night thought. Night began to carefully search around for Avis when he caught sight of her lying motionless on the ground! "Hey Avid are you all right?! Come on say something!" Night shouted as the crackling of the burning forest grew louder. "Oh crap better get outta here!" Night exclaimed as he picked Avis up off the ground and ran out of the forest. Night layed Avis on the grass hopeing she would come to soon.
Back to top Go down
Laila/Avis/Cat
-
Laila/Avis/Cat

PostSubject: Re: Training with Avis!    Training with Avis!  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 3:29 pm

Avis shot straight up, still thinking she was in the burning forest. However, she quickly noted that the smoke was gone and the sun was shining clearly again. She shook her head, trying to clear the muddled feeling that always came with changing too quickly or staying in a shift for too long.

"How'd I get here?"
She asked, turning to Night who'd she'd noticed had been sitting right next to her. "And where's the---oh," Avis said, looking over at the burning forest. "Huh. We should probably call someone on that. Oh well. I'm sure someone's already on it." Avis said, trying to avoid the subject of her fainting. I mean, how unappealing is that? To faint in front of the guy you think you might like?! Avis thought. She was so embarrassed she wouldn't meet Night's eyes. He must think I'm a total loser now. She thought sadly.
Back to top Go down
Night
-
Night

PostSubject: Re: Training with Avis!    Training with Avis!  I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 12:22 pm

"You sure your ok?" Night Avis You were unconscious in the middle of a burning forest and everything Night added. Avis seemed embarrassed for some reason, but Night couldn't understand why. Hey there's no reasoned to be embarrassed Avis, what happened any ways? Night asked.

((Im going to be gone for a while so I may not be able to reply for a while, just letting u know.Sorry!))
Back to top Go down
Laila/Avis/Cat
-
Laila/Avis/Cat

PostSubject: Re: Training with Avis!    Training with Avis!  I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 5:12 pm

((Hey that's fine. Come back as soon as you can!))

"You sure your ok?"
Night asked Avis "You were unconscious in the middle of a burning forest and everything." Avis nodded her head.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just a little woozy, but that'll pass in a moment,"
she said.

"Hey there's no reasoned to be embarrassed Avis, what happened any ways?"
Night asked, seemingly a little confused as to why she was embarrassed. Avis felt a tiny bit better at that.

"Well...I landed on the ground and transformed back into myself, but I still couldn't see very well, so I decided to try and experiment. Instead of shifting my whole self into a bird, I would just shift my eyes. I did it, but it was too overwhelming so I blacked out. And then I woke up here."
Avis summed up, spilling everything.
Back to top Go down
Night
-
Night

PostSubject: Re: Training with Avis!    Training with Avis!  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 7:56 pm

"Well dispite everything I'm just glad that you're ok!" Night said as he offered Avis his hand to help her off the ground. "Well now what? I think I can cross burning down the forest of the list!" Night asked, smirking slightly. He hoped that Avis was really alright though.

I guess we both need to work on controlling our powers more Night thought to himself.

((Sorry for the really late reply btw!!))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Training with Avis!    Training with Avis!  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Training with Avis!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next